Le mode MEGA, c'est pas mal !
Sinon, pour plus détails, une petite explication de texte de Jim Clark au moment de la sortie de la II :
Jim Clark a écrit: “
For those wondering about the differences between version 1 and version 2, they have basically the same functionality, but with the following changes:
- the basic waveforms for oscillator 1 are now the same as for oscillator 2 (which are unchanged from v.1). The shape control now smoothly morphs between adjacent waveshapes, resulting in a larger number of possible waveshapes.
- the one-shot mode has been removed (it is still accessible if you use the expansion connector) and replaced with the MEGA mode. MEGA mode is like the hex-saw and hex-square modes in version 1, except that there are now 8 waves combined instead of 6, and is now available for all oscillator 1 waveshapes, including the wavetable ones instead of just saw and square as in v.1.
- output modes 1100 and 1111 have been replaced by new modes. I was asked to put in another "glitchy" mode, hence mode 1111 is now a rather glitchy chaotic mode in which OSC2 is reset everytime the level of OSC2 is the same as OSC1.
- The module capabilities can expanded somewhat through adding switches via an expansion connector on the rear. Details can be found in the updated manual.
- On the negative side, the module now takes about 100 mA of current in normal operation, which can get up to 170 mA in the worst case (running at a frequency of 40KHz, accessing the table waveforms, doing lots of FM etc). This really needs to be considered when putting the module into your rack!
- I now employ a commodity FPGA board (the DE0-Nano by Terasic). The upside is that it allows me to do more than the v1 board (such as adding in the MEGA mode for all waveshapes). The downside is that the ADC is only 12 bits vs. 13 bits in the v1 modules. This means that the oscillator pitch has a bit more jitter, and I added a little more filtering on the inputs, which is barely noticeable as a slight slew at high pitches. On the plus side, this ADC seems to be much less fragile.
Dernière édition par thrasybule le Jeu 14 Fév - 23:03, édité 1 fois